Make a short film
1 hour for 9 weeks, 1 full shooting day in Week 10 and Cinema World Premiere Night shortly after.
Students learn in depth:
- How to interpret and implement the specific conventions of screenwriting.
- How to extract the layers of multimodal information locked within a screenplay.
- Students learn about story structure, dialogue, action, story types and genres specific to film.
- Screenwriters process, formats, planning, working and editing styles.
- Camera operation, lighting operation, camera movement, film set workflow, roles and responsibilities.
- Producing: planning for a shoot.
- Acting & Directing: casting, pre-planning, screenplay for acting, acting coaching, director’s role and responsibility & working with actors to get the best performance.
- Editing: take selection, trimming, building an assemble edit, music and final touches.
- Filming day: Students will shoot their own short film from a unique script, rotating through different roles during the day.
- World Premiere at selected Cinemas
- Unique promotional posters
- DVD with professional editing and sound design
- Portfolio content